Top Web Design Trends You May See In 2017
ith the technological advancements, the clients’ paradigm of a trendy webpage design has also shifted to new heights. This has brought tremendous changes in the web designing trends in the recent few years.
Web designers were seen trying out innovative design patterns to give the web pages a delightful look and feel in 2016. If you are planning to launch your webpage soon, read on to know about the web design predictions in 2017.
- Creative use of grids: Use of standard grids in web pages is a thing of past now. Designers have given a completely new makeover to these standard patterns by creating customizable unique grids. The grids are formed with rectangular frames, which are placed one over another to give the page a unique look. Colors and shadows can be added further to individual frames to give the grid an elusive feel.
- Use of semi-flat themes: After the use of flat themes by Microsoft in Windows 8, the flat design ruled the industry for quite some time until some loopholes were observed in this pattern. Till mid 2016, the flat design was there but then the web designers overcame the shortcomings of the flat themes and introduced semi-flat themes in lieu of the earlier. More depth and dimensions were added to the flat themes to make them semi-flat ones.
- Use of Cinemagraphs: Use of still images in web pages is very common and designers hardly prefer to use videos due to high bandwidth they consume. So the use of Cinemagraphs is expected to be trending in 2017. The Cinemagraphs serve the purpose of both images and videos by being more than just an image and like a video by being motive in nature. These are similar to the GIF files and do not use high bandwidths.
- Use of Parallax effect: Use of Parallax effect has been gaining some momentum lately. This is one way of giving some depth and liveliness to the rather still flat designs. In this effect, the background image of the webpage moves at a different speed than other contents on the webpage, which creates an impressive look and feels as a visual treat.
- Use of Lazy load effect: This is a great design technique for websites, which experiences frequent content uploads. To make sure that the users do not turn away while waiting for the contents to come up, use of lazy load technique loads the contents first before loading the page. This is surely going to be a top trend in 2017.
2016 has already been a year of massive trend changes in the web design industry. We are looking forward to such more new things to emerge in 2017.